Success Ladder Academy utilizes a comprehensive, innovative approach to learning that addresses a student’s Math, Literacy and subject area needs. Assessment-based instruction of Common Core State Standards content, Independent Study Skills, Goal setting/motivation and Leadership training are integrated into the student’s individualized program. Each student has a success coach who will assess content, develop and deliver an instructional program to meet the student’s needs, and track/communicate progress to parents and school. The overall goal is to develop competent and confident learners using this comprehensive program.
How Success Ladder Can Help Educators
- Build bridges to your students and their parents as you partner with Success Ladder Academy.
- Student test scores are used to evaluate teacher performance. Success Ladder Academy offers support and reinforcement to help students achieve higher test scores.
- Individual assessments target student deficits and help fill those needs.
- Success Coaches support teacher instruction and reinforce the CCSS.
- Success Coaches develop and nurture self-esteem which translates into academic gains.
- Students learn Independent Study Skills to enhance academic success and become a lifelong learner.
- An online homework component with performance reporting offers additional support for instructional content.
- Success coaches communicate progress to home and school. This partnership is invaluable in a total program of helping the student reach his or her potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
- IS A SUCCESS COACH THE SAME AS A TUTOR?No! Tutors only focus on the academic progress of a student. Success Coaches work with students to improve their organizational skills and overall motivation to learn. This is all necessary to ensure that students can engage in the classroom.
- HOW DOES A TEACHER BENEFIT FROM WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH A SUCCESS COACH?Both Success Coaches and teacher have the same end goal in mind…Educating youth. Upon starting with SLA, students are given two assessments. One speaks to learning styles and the other gages their knowledge of math and literacy based on common core. Our Success Coaches conduct these assessments throughout the year. We share this information with the students’ parents and teachers to ensure we re all working the same SLO’s for each child.
- HOW WILL I KNOW IF ONE OF MY STUDENTS IS ENROLLED IN ACADEMIC SUCCESS COACHING WITH SUCCESS LADDER ACADEMY?A couple of ways. It’s likely the success coach will reach out to you directly. Mention that we have parent authorization to do this and can provide it at any time. The first communication will likely include a copy of the signed authorization and likely include a cc: to the student’s parent. Secondly, in performance! We’d like to think our students become your most motivated and engaged classroom participants. Third, our parents are provided with a prep kit for parents’ teacher conferences. You will know from the details on students strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- HOW OFTEN DO STUDENTS WORK WITH THEIR SUCCESS COACHES?Up to 10 times per month. Both in small group and individual 1:1 sessions.
- I RECEIVED A CALL/EMAIL FROM A SUCCESS COACH. WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?We share this information with the students’ parents and teachers to ensure we re all working the same SLO’s for each child. If you have areas that you’d like to focus on…please leverage the success coach to reinforce. Etc. We have a lot of reports and analytical tools that can help you as well. We don’t look to burden them but to complement what they do in the classroom.
- DOES SUCCESS LADDER ACADEMY ASSIGN HOMEWORK?We don’t assign “homework” but we do provide students with online learning tools to reinforce instruction.